Aims for Nursery School
Aims for staff
Each child is allocated a Keyworker, who has overall responsibility for monitoring their progress in Nursery. However, please feel free to speak to any member of staff
at any time, as we work as a team.
Each Keyworker group is allocated a colour as follows:
Jenny Woolner - Blue Group
Sue Barkley - Green Group
Jenny Poulsom - Yellow Group
Susanne Skirrow - Red Group
Preston Nursery School is registered with Ofsted (URN: 146756), and following our recent inspection we are pleased that Preston Nursery School has been rated as
Outstanding in 2016
as well as being rated
Outstanding in 2011.
We are members of the Pre-school Learning Alliance.
1. To develop further professional skills;
2. To maintain a good relationship with adults;
3. To maintain a caring relationship with the children;
4. To be able to initiate ideas and projects;
5. To have a reasonable working environment with suitable
resources and support.
Aims for children
1. To reach their full potential, including those with special
needs and more able children;
2. To develop a knowledge and understanding of
3. To be able to communicate clearly and confidently in
4. To listen attentively and respect others;
5. To take an interest in their environment;
6. To develop a knowledge and knowledge of the world
7. To enjoy creative skills of art, music and drama;
8. To develop agility and co-ordination through physical
9. To develop skills on the computer
10. To develop an understanding of different religions and